my name is Brett.
I am a NESA accredited Visual Arts/Photography and Digital Media Teacher, HSC examination marker, private academic tutor, student mentor, and disability support worker with a Working With Children Clearance. I have over 20 years of full-time employment as an educator in the New South Wales education system. I am currently gaining my master’s degree in International education – International Baccalaureate.
I am best known for helping secondary school students achieve examination performances in the highest assessment bands of courses including their School-based Assessments.
I offer to mentor students through their
- Preliminary, and Higher School Certificate
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme,
- Tertiary study coursework projects including English language support to international students.
Typically, my mentoring assists students in
- achieving top performances in examinations
- receiving art and design academic scholarships
- gaining significant employment in creative arts-related industries.
I offer 22 years of professional experience to help you
- understand clearly IB and HSC courses
- manage your course requirements
- learn the practical and theoretical concepts, processes, and conventions of subject disciplines and areas of knowledge
- extend your use of strategies and techniques
- develop ideas and structure practical activity around proven experience
- practise your creative processes
- complete refined and sophisticated work that shows significant concept strength, meaning, and technical accomplishment
Other Relevant Experience
- artwork hanging in International corporate board rooms and private collections
- annual solo art exhibitions
- commercial art gallery sales
- installed artwork in the Sydney Festival on behalf of International artists
- written critiques for art journals
- received commissions to write retrospective exhibition catalog essays
- coordinated funding grants with community art projects
- received financial sponsorship for 24-hour marathon swimming in fundraising events for MS research
BOOKINGS & COSTS
I strive to be flexible to give you the support you need.
I may be required to travel more than 30 minutes to reach you. I love it when this is acknowledged when we negotiate session times, bookings and costs.
Meetings are pre-paid in blocks of three. I will offer our first session at a discounted rate.
If I am required to read and analyze texts, source materials or access equipment outside of session times, I ask that there be some gesture to acknowledge this into our price agreement.
- One to six hours: $65 per hour $195 per block of three hours
- then after than six meetings: $55 per hour $165 per block of three hours
Three weekly meetings may be enough to get your project on track, or you might want to book regular weekly, fortnightly or monthly meetings through a term or semester. You might find it helpful to spread out our meetings over your project’s duration.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss my service in more detail and schedule our sessions.
Thanks for visiting my site and reading about my service. I hope to be hearing from you sometime soon.